Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Reign of Balmain.. Spring 2010..



Balmain, Balmain, Balmain. I die every season. The Spring 2010 show just took place today at 3:oo pm in Paris at the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand Hotel. This season the collection reminded me of a reference to Joan of Arc and "dirty battle fields ancient" Greece, especially with the seemingly makeup free models sent down the runway with wind swept hair.

The house took a drastic turn from 80's Glitz to a more grungy dirty glam look.. Shoes seem to be reminiscent of Alexander Wang's boots from his Fall 2009 collection.. The strong shoulders are still present, which I LOVE and the pieces are still shiny slam via lamé & shiny black leather as well as sequins.

Jackets retained the strong shoulders and jeans that were acid washed and ripped last season are now either muted in tone or full length metallic.. and there's the addition of cut off denim short shorts as well..

In my personal opinion "Balmainia" as some are calling it (due it the double in sales since 2006)) is a clear indicator of what today's fashion lovers are going gaga over.. From the $2,000 jeans to the $9,900 jackets its no wonder why I still wonder if there's still a "financial crisis" or not.. for me.. there isn't one.. and if I were a girl, I'd be in the hospital with "Balmain-ia"..






Colleges made by Me original images via